Saturday, June 9, 2012

7:20

So, I'll bet you're wondering why I haven't posted anything lately about my exciting dating life! Well, pretty simple answer there. It's not that exciting. In fact, it's the exact opposite of exciting. Or maybe not even opposite. It's just not.

I won't say I've given up on dating, it's just that it feels kind of hopeless. Given my complete lack of a social life, the only ways I have of meeting someone would be through a fix up or online. No one is offering to set me up with their super amazing single guy friend, so jdate it is. And let me tell you...it is slim pickins!

There is this guy, who looks like a terrorist:




This guy, showing off his physique:



Oh...here's a good one. Let me send this one a quick note, see if he wants to meet of a cup of coffee:




It's a cornucopia of men I tell ya!

I was recently contacted by a 56 year old who asked me if I would move to California for him.

And then, I was contacted my a 49 year old whose screen name is "Stilllooking." I thought he was ok so I responded. He asked for my phone number so we could chat. Here's where it gets interesting. The other morning I couldn't sleep. I got up at 5:00am and at about 6:00 decided to go to my office and get some work done. I was responding to emails and at about 7:00 I emailed him back with my phone number. He proceeded to call me AND text me at 7:20am!!! Now,  I get it. I was awake. I emailed him. But in what world is it actually ok to call someone at 7:20 in the morning? What response did he actually think he would get from me? Turns out, he didn't get any response from me because I didn't have my phone with me because IT WAS 7:20 IN THE MORNING! When I got my phone and saw that he had called and texted, I ignored it. I figured he would call me back at a more appropriate time. He did. He called me back at about 4:00 that afternoon. What I didn't expect was his pissy little attitude. The conversation went something like this:

Loser: Hi. I hope I didn't scare you off by calling you so early in the morning and seeming too eager.

Me: No, you didn't scare me, but it was kind of early to be calling.

Loser (in a pissy little voice): I knew you were awake because you had just emailed me.

Me: Yeah, but it was still kind of early to call. I usually don't talk on the phone that early.

Loser (still being all pissy and not at all apologetic for calling me so early): Oh! Well, whatever. I guess if you can call me at a better time if you want. *Click*


What the hell? I guess I could have forgiven it if he had at least acted mortified or something. But he got all obnoxious like it was my fault and you know, I'm not perfect, but WTF?! Woo me! Impress me! Don't call at 7 fucking 20 in the morning!

Yeah. So that's why I haven't been writing about my dating life. It sucks.

6 comments:

  1. The pics of the 3 "potentials" (ok, maybe not potentials) - well, let's just say it made me throw up in my mouth, just a little... However, glad you're approaching this with a sense of humor :) Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a post with some more guys who have been "added" to the list of "potentials." :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! You know, when I was growing up (and I still observe the rule today because it is a good one) I was taught that one does not call before 9 (a.m.) or after 9 (p.m.). I've allowed myself to stretch this and will, e.g., call my mom up to 10 p.m. (also, obviously, this rule does not apply in true emergencies nor to situations where, e.g., I am planning to meet someone at 8 a.m. and need to call them at 7:30 to let them know I'm running late or that the meeting location has changed or whatever).

    Somehow the idea that we might block out some segment of our day for private, alone, or family time seems to have been lost somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all about this "instant gratification" we've become so used to. Blech...so exhausting.

      Delete
  3. The terrorist isn't that bad!! You had me laughing out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you know why I complain about jdate!!!

      Delete