Monday, June 4, 2012

Are you ready for the summer?

Well, here we are, one week into Summer Vacation, and I gotta say...So Far, So Good! The kids are only doing camp for two weeks at the end of June, so that means a lot of together time. And a lot of sleeping in time, which is what I was looking forward to. We don't get out of bed before 9 most days! Ahhh...we've gone to the pool, the water park, free bowling, and to the dollar theater. It's been nice!





Today, E and N started "swim team." I put it in quotes because it's not really swim team, but rather an introduction to their swim school's swim team. For their first day, I gotta say, I was impressed. Not only with their ability to swim as much as they did, but with Elliott's ability to come in last each and every time. I swear. That boy has been swimming since before he turned three and he has perfected the art of appearing as if he is swimming but in actuality, not moving at all. It's a gift I tell ya.

Kayla also started in a new swim class. Hers did not go so well. She has been in lessons for about a year now and for the last six months has loved it. Last week she started in a new group class without her brother and sister. She had a hard time with that and her teacher responded by dumping a bucket on her head, telling her every time she said she didn't want to do something she would have to do it twice, and pulling her off the wall and into the middle of the pool and then letting go. Brilliant, huh? So...after that bitch fiasco was finished, I switcher her class. Hoping that this teacher would be better...I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed. A new teacher for Kayla means more for her to be afraid of, especially after what happened last time. She cried the whole time. This idiot teacher (who looked like he needed to be studying for his SATs) felt that the best way to handle that was to splash water in her face. I pretty much lost it at that point and told the head coach that if another person splashed my child, I would dive into the pool and kill them. I'm not saying that that is the best way for me to handle the situation, but seriously! What is wrong with people? Feel free to answer in the comments, because I really want to know.

On another note. I'll end with some pictures I took the other day. I don't love them because I really don't think my photography is progressing at all, but I do love the fact that Naomi asked me if we could do a photo shoot! That is awesome!


DSC_0015c copy

DSC_0013b

DSC_0011b

DSC_0009b

No comments:

Post a Comment