Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homework

Sometimes I feel that my sense of humor is going to get me in trouble one of these days. I mean, I think that my sense of humor can be a little inappropriate, or maybe "warped" is a better word.

Every Monday, either Elliott or Naomi (depending on the week) bring home a "Book in a Bag." It is basically a small, easy to read book (in a ziploc bag) that they practice reading and prepare to present it to the class, along with a small project, on Friday. The projects can be anything from drawing a picture of the main character to doing a puppet show to making a diorama. This week, Elliott's book was about a zoo. It went something like this, "I see the camel. Do you see the camel? I see the elephant. Do you see the elephant?" etc. Elliott decided for his project, he wanted to make a different ending for the book and draw a picture of it. I thought it was a great idea! And he worked so hard on his project. All week. Every day. You know what his ending was? Well, the original ending was, "I see children looking at the animals. Do you see children looking at the animals?" Elliott's ending was a little darker than that. It was, "I see the tiger eating the bunny. Do you see the tiger eating the bunny?" I thought it was so original. And pretty damn funny. I laughed so hard that I honestly didn't see the inappropriateness of it. Now, however, I'm starting to think maybe it isn't as funny as I thought, and I'm just worried that the teacher is going to see it and think, "Sociopath!" Oy! And let me just tell you, I am incredibly grateful, for the first time ever, that he has ZERO artistic abilities. I can only imagine how I would feel if his picture actually resembled a tiger eating a bunny. I kind of just looks like a big smudged glittery cat...with chew toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment