Thursday, March 22, 2012

Where have I been and Turds

The problem, for me, with not blogging for a while is that when I’m ready to come back, the question is, do I just come back with a regular post? Or do I write a whole explanation of why I’ve been missing? I ponder that for days and in the meantime, guess what, I’m not blogging! Days and weeks pass and I’m still not blogging because I’m not sure what my entry should say. So I decided it would be best to just come back. Because the reason I haven’t been blogging in a while is simple. I was busy doing some consignment sales, so nothing was really going on except for that, and it took up so much of my energy that I was exhausted. Plus, my fingers were killing me from all of the safety pinning for the sales, so typing was not an option. But alas, two sales, 200+ items out of my house and nearly $400 added to my bank account, and I’m back!!
So, you are wondering what has been going on in my life the past few weeks? Well, not much. Well, ok, there has been some stuff. Kids are doing well. Dating is non-existent, but I’m beginning to think I like it that way. Guys are just turds.
Exhibit A (and probably my only exhibit for today). The following is an exchange I had with a turd on jdate:
Me: Hello, Anyone who posts a picture of themselves falling into the water is ok in my book! :) I think you have a really great smile, and I would love to get to know you better. 
Hope you feel the same about me. 
Btw-No drama, cockiness or pretentiousness here. I promise. 
Have a great day, and I hope to hear back from you. 
Lisa
Turd: Hi Lisa..just signed up for this nonsense. does it work...are you happy. have you found the key to life
Me: Not yet, but it's on my list to pick up the next time I'm at Target.
Turd: LOL on the target...lmk how it work out...I live in S------. Target at X and Y is half way between us. How about a glass of wine at the new M’s?
Me: I would love to!
Turd: Your call. Wed, Thurs, or Friday. I am harmless
Me: Are you ever available on other nights? I can try to get a sitter for next week, but it would need to be Monday or Tuesday or Saturday. Not trying to make it difficult on purpose...I am looking forward to that wine and to meeting you! :) 
Idiot: Monday could work. Lets touch base over the weekend and go from there
When I didn’t hear from him for the next few days, I sent him a note:
Me: Why don't you give me a call and we can touch base voice to voice. 111-111-1111 
Btw- what is your name?
Turd:  Will do. I will try to call later today (Sunday) but I am with my daughter. My name is Turdy Turd.
That was two weeks ago. I never heard from him again. Then, I got this: 
Hi Lisa. I wanted to apologize for not calling and dropping the ball last week. My daughter (16) lost her cool with my ex and her fiance and we are dealing with court, lawyers, and overall stress. Wine would still be good but I don't want to waste ur time as three young children and the possibility of more is not where I am at presently. Hope u understand. Btw your are so pretty and the pic w u and all three kids is gorgeous.
I am considering the following response: 
Hi Turd, No need to apologize. I completely understand. And thanks for letting me know. I agree, it would probably not be a good idea to meet. I would just be wasting your time as dealing with temperamental teenagers who cannot keep their cool and cause overall stress for their families is not where I am at presently. Have fun in court. 

No comments:

Post a Comment