Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why good intentions suck...

I don't like it when people say, "Well, I had good intentions..." Excuse me? So what? Good intentions suck if nothing good comes out of them. Example: I intend to do the laundry. Well that's all fine and good, but if I don't follow through on that, then I'm gonna be wearing some pretty stinky underwear. FYI- I never don't do laundry and have stinky underwear. This was just an example. In truth, my underwear are very clean. They might be so old that they are "holier" than the pope on Easter, but what can I say? I've had them since 1997...been busy. Btw- is that pope comment totally inappropriate to say? I'm not Catholic. I guess I could have said, "'Holier' than the Rebbe on Yom Kippor," but that wasn't as funny and at the same time seemed way more offensive, given that he is dead. So, as I was saying, good intentions suck.

I sleep in my kids' bedroom. I have a multitude of reasons for this (and you can judge me all you want for this, I don't give a damn). Some of my reasons are:

  • my twins have a kick-ass bunk bed with a light right over the bottom bunk, so I can read for a few minutes before I go to sleep without having to get up to turn the light off when I am finished. See? Isn't that an awesome bed?

  • If I sleep with them, it is one less bed I have to make in the morning one one less unmade bed the next day. 
  • No one else wants to sleep with me.
  • They usually sleep better if I sleep with them and don't wind up in another room in the house from the one they started in. They wake up in their bedrooms to their alarm clock. If they are in another room in the morning, there is no alarm clock, and I have to wake them up. I hate that.
  • No one else wants to sleep with me.
  • They really really want me to and hate it when I don't.
So, besides the fact that, (did I mention?) no one else wants to sleep with me. Bottom line is that they really want me to sleep with them and I have good intentions. I want to be a nice Mommy. A Mommy who does the best she can to make her little ones happy. But when said Mommy (aka ME) is woken up repeatedly between 4am and 6am because small male child has a stuffy nose (seriously, a stuffy nose? wimp!), I wake up in a pissy mood, and guess what, I'm not such a nice Mommy!! In fact, I'm a totally irritated Mommy who wants nothing more than to be left alone and sleep all day! I certainly don't want to do carpool and laundry (but I always do laundry...no stinky underwear!) and cook dinner/clean up, etc. I don't want to read stories or play Ben 10. I don't want to be anything remotely like the stellar Single Mom I try to be on a daily basis. I'm just tired and angry at my kids who want me to sleep with them every freakin' night! So, you see, Good Intentions suck. 
Oh, and you know what else? It's NOT just the thought that counts!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm thinking alarm clocks in every room of the house so no matter where they end up they'll always have a clock to wake up to! Just make sure you get the kind that can be set to Mon - Fri so you aren't running around the house at 6 a.m. every Sat. and Sun. turning 15 clocks off!
    2. That's a crazy cool bunkbed! I know some married couples that could probably benefit from trading in the Cal King for one of those babies!
    3. Holier than the Pope on Easter is a statement of fact...no need to drag The Rebbe (of blessed memory) into this!
    4. You forgot a reason...so when I come to visit I have a beautiful, brand new bed to sleep in and I get a whole level of the house to myself!

    ReplyDelete