Thursday, January 26, 2012

Not so Smurfy

I don’t like to leave things unfinished, so for anyone who was wondering what happened with this guy. I’ll just cut to the chase. We are...no longer. I just wasn’t that into him.

See, the thing is, before I even went out with him, I saw his picture. It was ok. Not ugly, but just totally- blah. In his defense, it was his Lawyer Picture. 

Not in his defense, he didn’t have to post his Lawyer Picture. He could have put up a picture of himself smiling and having fun with a more interesting backdrop that 1000 books! But I, being the fabulous gal I am, wanted to give him a try, because I honestly believe that you can’t tell what someone looks like from a photo. You need the WHOLE picture to know what someone looks like. Based on photo alone though...there was no S.E.X. appeal. But I went out with him. And guess what? In person...no S.E.X appeal! He was nice. But with no...umph! And that’s not to say he has to be an asshole for me to like him (although, let’s be honest here, that probably wouldn’t hurt), but there has to be more than “nice” to someone. A sense of humor for one. I guess something that makes me wonder what makes him tick.
Anyway, you all know by now that texting is not really my thing, and the more he texted, the more annoyed I got. 
And he texted a lot.
He asked me out a few times, and I wanted to go out with him again, but the times he asked didn’t work. In truth, if I had wanted to see him badly, I would have made him work. 

My guess is, if I was attracted to him, I probably wouldn't have minded the texting!
We kept in contact though and I really enjoyed speaking to him for the most part. He did irritate the crap out of me one night when I told him I couldn’t go out with him because I couldn’t get a babysitter. I had asked FOUR girls and none of them could sit for me that night. Interestingly, had any of them been able to sit for me, I was planning on going out with someone else, but he didn’t need to know that. When I told him I couldn’t find a sitter, he offered to bring a girl over to my house to babysit for my kids so we could go out. While I appreciated that, I’m just not leaving my three kids with a 15 year old that I have never met. Call me Crazy.
He got pissed. We had to have a “talk” because he wanted to know what my feelings for him were. Is there anything less attractive than when a guy acts like a girl? Blech! I pretty much used that conversation to make him seem completely needy and clingy and that was the end of it. 
On to the next one. Not that there is one right now. And I’m so tired, that’s actually ok!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a hard time finding sitters for my one son - I can't imagine trying to find one for 3 kids! I *have* had people say "well, just use a sitter service if you two want to go out" and I feel much the same way you do - leave my child with a stranger? Uh, no thanks! I want my sitters to come to the house BEFORE I need them so they can learn about the Boy and the household, and make sure I'm comfortable with them!

    I'm also with you on hating men that act like girls. If I wanted to date a girl, I would have!

    ReplyDelete